Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Week 2 Web Conference Today

Well, the Week 2 web conference is in the books. We had a little bit of experience with “technology gremlins” as we continued to develop our skills, but all in all I think we saw a marked improvement over last week. I definitely felt somewhat intimidated listening to all of the requirements for the internship; I’ll need to remember that 18 months have a lot of days and take it one day at a time. I heard quite a bit about the “performance indicators” this evening, so I think that will be my reading for this evening!  The point Professor Borel couldn't stress enough - find a mentor right away.  I wonder if it is more beneficial to have a mentor who is more familiar with my campus or one who is more familiar with the technology.  I suppose that's a decision that will happen very soon.  My lesson learned for the day - stay ahead by a week.  The more you know going in, the more you get out.  As Professor Borel told us today, "Managing your time well will make you successful!"  So, back to the books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment