Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Reflections on Web Conference: June 8, 2010

Our class web conference this week was short, sweet, and informative.  It appears that most of the kinks are smoothing out of conference logistics, although apparently I was the source of a bit of feedback; I'll be looking into that before next week, to be sure.  Although the pace of the course is fast and furious, it is even more clear after yesterday's exchange that I will have to set aside some time very, very soon to go back over the internship handbook (Abernathy, 2010) with an even finer tooth comb.  The appendices in particular appear to require some in depth review, as they deal with the field-based experiences (Appendices E, F, and G) and course-imbedded experiences (Appendices H, I, and J).  I have a meeting scheduled with my principal next week, and also hope to be visiting with my mentor in the coming days, as well.  It appears to be a good idea to have these meetings right away, because there is no time to waste assembling a plan for the internship field hours.  I have begun looking at the 33 standards (Williamson and Redish, 2009), and the scope of the skills is vast.  The session gave me several excellent ideas for the plan, and I'm anxious to begin!


Works Cited:  


Williamson, J. and Redish, T. 2009.  ISTE's technology facilitation and leadership standards: what every K-12 leader should know and be able to do.  Eugene: International Society for Technology in Education. 
Abernathy, K. 2010. Educational technology leadership internship handbook.  Retrieved from Lamar University, Academic Partnerships EDLD Coursework: https://lamar.epiclms.net/Learn/Player.aspx?enrollmentid=1134773

No comments:

Post a Comment