Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Web Conference - August 9: Time for Action

     The final web conference of the course did not disappoint. Dr. Jenkins was, as always, incredibly informative and supportive, and the group had a dynamic discussion. In the course of the conference, we learned that our action research projects would be monitored via either blogs or wikis that would be created for each cohort group; with an assigned professor that will monitor our progress during the course of our action research and provide feedback and assistance should we have the need. I’m pleased to hear that we will have an avenue for ongoing dialogue with a mentor who is familiar with our project. I strongly encouraged Dr. Jenkins to select a wiki format for this process; the linear nature of blogging does not create the kind of multi-faceted collaboration that I believe the professors hope occurs. Dr. Jenkins solicited participants’ thoughts and reflections on the course, and reassured those people who expressed concern about not yet meeting with their mentors or administrators to finalize their projects. I feel fortunate that I have had excellent collaboration with both my mentor and my principal, and I know that they will continue to support both my research and my internship.

     Although my action research will be ongoing, this blog post is the final formal task for 5301. My next stop – video and multimedia. I have high expectations for the course, and I think it will be a fantastic way to start the school year. “All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up.”1

1.  Brackett, C. (Producer), & Wilder, B. (Director). (1950). Sunset Boulevard [Motion picture]. United States: Paramount Pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment