Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Ed Tech Goes Back to School

     Ready or not, the year has begun.  I am ready - my technology is not.
     Sadly, for want of approximately 12 inches of ethernet cable, my amazing interactive learning technology is dead in the water.  Projected completion?  One to two weeks.  Now, considering that quality control began final processing of my campus the second week of July, and only this Friday realized the infrastructure would not support "go live" on Monday, I'm definitely refining Plan B.  However, even the awkward introduction of Plan to Reality doesn't dampen my spirit.  I have ideas swirling around like a kaleidoscope:  I can hardly get them all committed to the page.      In the development of my PhotoStory project, I was reminded that the personal and the professional, the academic and the emotional often overlap.  This is not an obstacle to learning, but rather an avenue towards it.  When we take what we know and push it in new directions, we can find either a depth or a transparency of knowledge that might otherwise have never been brought out into the light.  Giving our knowledge life and perspective forces us to utilize not simply what we know, but what we understand.  What a powerful lesson for educators.  And so, I begin 2010-2011 ready to learn and grow with my students and my faculty.  In the heart of a learner, enthusiasm for a new year never wanes.  Welcome back to school!
.



No comments:

Post a Comment