Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Web Conference overview - EDLD 5397

I took an opportunity to view theJuly 12th web conference and read over the chat transcript, and I came away feeling as frustrated as has often been the case over the past months.  In hearing the questions and answers for both Educational Technology and Educational Administration being tossed back and forth at random, I wondered if combining these two groups in conferencing causes more difficulties than it solves.  There are concerns and questions specific to each of the program requirements, and hearing random details of one simply muddled the information for the other. 
One message that I received loudly and clearly from the conference was the “eight change” requirement for internship plans, regardless of course number or program type.  As a student taking my tenth course, in July when the entire district is shut down, I find this arbitrary standard both unnecessarily rigid and essentially unproductive.
I have further questions regarding the action research component of the coursework, and I hope to be able to attend the web conference this week to request some answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment