Search This Blog

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Web Conference 2 Overview - EDLD 5397

I was able to participate directly in the Week 2 web conference, and I took the opportunity to ask questions regarding the action research project write-up coming in Weeks 3 and 4 of the course.  To the best of my understanding, we will not be required to write the action research summary in an article form for submission; however, Dr. Martin encouraged those students who had an interest in doing so would need to follow IRB protocols.  Students in this week’s conference, as in last week’s, had questions concerning the changing of a site mentor.  Many also asked for clarification on several clarifications for the Week 2 assignment as they related to the differences between the ISTE indicators for Educational Technology students and the Principal Competencies for the Educational Administration students. In listening to the discussion, I determined that my best course of action was to consider both aspects as I made adjustments to my plan.  A few students had questions regarding TK20, which I frankly do not find particularly useful.  The assignments required on TK20 have been prompted thus far, and I do not see any reason for that to change.  After many student questions had been answered, Dr. Mason prompted us to share examples of leadership successes in an effort to offer colleagues some potential options for consideration.  Although a few members of the web conference complied with this request, it seemed that the majority of attendees participated solely to receive information as opposed to offering it.  Some of my own anxieties regarding the final push towards certification and graduation were reflected in the tenor of the conference, which served both to validate and heighten my own concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment