Search This Blog

Saturday, January 15, 2011

A New Day, A New Plan

I finished my previous course about a month ago and took a much-needed hiatus over the holidays.  I prepared to jump back into coursework with curriculum design, only to discover on the Friday before class was to begin that the university had restructured my degree plan.  The new slate of coursework would enable graduates to take not only the technology facilitator's certification exam, but also the principal's certification exam.  I must confess that I have never been interested in becoming a campus principal.  Both my skill set and my interests lie in a completely different direction.  However, the choice to transfer into the new degree plan was nonetheless a simple one.  We work in an environment where ever more qualified candidates are competing for what  at times seems to be a dwindling pool of opportunities.  Much of principal certification involves leadership and management, including the human resource management course that I will now be offered.  The skills of a leader serve candidates in any number of fields, and so it seems apparent to me that an opportunity to both hone those skills and attain a certification of mastery is one to be seized.  In short, I am taking my own road less traveled, and we shall see where it leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment