Search This Blog

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Thoughts on Web Conference

     Today's web conference was an incredibly productive and informative one.  Dr. Abernathy clarified much of the confusion for ETL students, such as myself, who do not have the resources and assignments from the 5311 course that Educational Leadership students take as an introduction.  Although I realized that I had thrown a bit of time down a black hole creating a second blog, I was incredibly relieved to find out that we would, in fact, be able to use our original blog for this course, as well.  That seems so much more organic and useful for me as a student.  The mystery of the "School Leader Internship" text persists, but I hope to find resolution for that in the next couple of days.  
     Dr. Abernathy spent a significant amount of time discussing the format of the reflections, reports, and summaries required for both the course-embedded activities and the 33 indicators from the ISTE TF Standards. Because this web conference included students from a wide number of cohort groups, those of us who are early in the process had the benefit of the knowledge (and questions) from students much farther along.   Much of the concern and questions regarding these logs came from confusion about the appropriate handbook for students.  The most important "take-away" information for me today:  Use only the 3.1 handbook, and delete all earlier versions!  I also received formal notice today that monthly summaries are not to be sent in, although we are to continue completing them and posting them to our wiki.
     All in all, I feel comfortable that I am keeping pace with expectations, and will be prepared as the school year begins next month to jump into my internship activities.  The conference closed with the professor inviting August graduates to an open house . . . a light at the end of the tunnel!  So, in the meantime, I'll keep learning and growing and plugging away.

No comments:

Post a Comment